With every New Year, come new resolutions. Whether it’s building your career path, traveling the world, or quitting your bad habits, taking care of your skin should always be your priority. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year festivities require you to enjoy the holidays while looking your best. Makeup and food have an impact on your body and skin. Creating your skincare routine will not only help your skin look great, but it will also preserve your skin’s freshness and healthiness. We know that sticking to resolutions can be a bit tough, but that shouldn’t demotivate us from giving it a shot.
The basics of a skincare routine
Following a routine for any purpose can be a challenge. But when it comes to skin, there are so many products and techniques that make the whole routine seem very quick and easy to follow every day. Taking care of your skin should be as simple as 1 2 3. It shouldn’t seem like a chore. We have narrowed down the most important things that should be a crucial part of your skincare routine.
1. Cleanser: Right after removing your makeup with a makeup remover, you need to use a cleanser to clean up the rest of the makeup and residue the makeup remover couldn’t get rid of. A cleanser is responsible for removing all the impurities, oils, dirt that’s clogged into your pores. There are different types of cleansers for different types of skin. Acne-prone cleansers are perfectly suitable for skins which are affected by acne. Oil-free and daily face cleansers are very popular among people who have sensitive skin.
2. Toner: A toner is perfect for cleaning up the rest of the residue left on your face and it’s suitable for all skin types. Toners hydrate your skin, control acne and condition your skin beautifully.
3. Moisturizer: No matter what type of skin you have, you need a moisturizer. You cannot compromise on having one. It protects your skin, hydrates it and prevents fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Eye cream: Eye creams are essential in your routine. You need one if you’re constantly working if you’re a student and stay up all night; you need one nonetheless. It fights all those under-eye wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles and eye bags which make you look tired and dull.
New skin resolutions to make
Detoxing your body is the first step to taking care of your skin. Setting new skincare goals and resolutions for the New Year is important. You don’t want to take your bad skincare habits into the New Year. Here are some resolutions you should consider making for the New Year. Your skin will thank you.
1. Keep hydrated: Water is a basic necessity. It’s also the only thing that maintains the healthiness and glow of your skin. Try drinking at least one bottle of water every day and always stay hydrated throughout the day.
2. Control what you eat: What you put in your body affects your skin. A poor diet can cause acne and breakouts. Lack of nutrients can make your skin look dull and unhealthy. Always maintain what you eat.
3. Wash your face every night before sleeping: A clean and well-hydrated face before you sleep will allow your skin to breathe and refresh. Make sure you always remove your makeup before going to bed.
Your skin will thank you later.
4. Wear sunscreen every day: Protecting your skin from the sun is key to looking young and fresh. Sunscreen protects your skin from those harsh UV rays and radiation. This tip is always recommended by dermatologists.